XP Error report

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chrislo

I tried to download some windows XP updates, which included the latest display driver for my NVIDIA (GE Force2)Graphics.
After a few failed attempts, the install window kept freezing, I finally managed to get them downloaded.
I then went into 'properties', 'settings', 'NVIDIA display', to see if the new driver was listed.
A window opened with an error report:
rundl32.exe appl Ver:5.1.2600.0 Mod name AVcpl.dll
Mod Ver:6.13.10.4072 Offset:0091416
I sent this report to microsoft, then my properties window just disappears! This happens each time I try to do the same.
I have tried system restore, but am still getting same error report each time I go into the display properties window.
Can anyone explain what is going on and how I rectify it? I will be most grateful, this is all a mystery to me!
Thanks

chrislo

Thanks for the advice and the link.
Am I right in thinking that the drivers on the Microsoft update site will be out of date compared with the ones on Nvidia's?
I am very much a novice on this subject.
Thanks for your time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts