XP explore, stop the auto refresh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oldschool

Greeting folks, I'm new to this site. I'm somewhat new to XP, we've used NT4 for years. When using windows exploreon a busy networked folder, the cursor is hourglassed frequently, to the point that you cant copy anything. If you only have explore running, open to this network folder, the cpu constantly pulses to 80% about every 5 seconds, sometimes for 20 seconds or more. This only happens on a very large folder on a mapped network drive, with about 10,000 folders and about 100GB of data. This folder is being written to very frequently by about 20 users. It seems XP wants to refresh every time the data changes. You don't have to be in a folder that is being written to, any of the 10,000 will act the same. I've also noticed that when everyone goes home, there is no problem. Is there a way to stop the refreshing, like NT4?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online