XP Fax problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Royce938

I have recently installed the Fax on my XP home edition and went through the wizard configuring 3 times, but it will not send or receive a fax, help please?

When you say it will not "send or receive a fax", can you perhaps elaborate just a little?

Do you get an error message? If so, what is it?
What -exactly- happens if you try to send a fax?
Do you have a dial-up modem installed that is fax capable?

Royce938

Hi, thanks for responding, per your question I did not receive a error message, I have a DSL line, but noticed when I setup the fax it put in the dialup modem 56K, do you think that is problem? If so, should I just type in the DSL modem in configuration box.
Thanks,
Royce

Royce938

Also, when I try and send a fax I can hear the pc making a sound like a fax and the fax console says it is sending but I receive a message saying no response and the machine I am sending to is a working machine. Also, when I am trying to receive the fax console say's it is receiving a message, but then gives me an error symbol.
Thanks,
Royce

Royce938

The modem that was installed as a default when I configured the fax was a "Conexant HSFV9256KRTADSpeakerphone".
Thanks,
Royce

You cannot send a fax using DSL, you need a separate connection to the dial-up modem from the phone line. Its completely separate to DSL.

But it sounds like it is connecting OK, I have never bothered to persevere with faxing from the PC.

PCI internal modems are somewhat fussy when used as a fax, I have always given up and used cheap a stand-alone fax machine.
(The internal modems make a very satisfying "clunk" when you toss them in the rubbish bin)

You may need to try applying the latest drivers for the modem. You will find them using Google, but not if you run the words together.
Try Conexant HSF V92 56K RTAD into Google.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts