1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP freezes at desktop then reboot in 10 Min.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KC_AT, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KC_AT

KC_AT Thread Starter

I've got a system running windows xp which boots up to the desktop and freezes after loading Mafee and after seven to ten minutes it reboots. When it's up the hour glass is showing but nothing will open or run. The mouse functions but not even the start button works. I booted into the safe mode and everything works great. I was wondering, can I install and run HJT in the safe mode and would getting a log from the safe mode tell me much? I booted in a bootlog mode but couldn't find any bootlog. Attached is a picture file of the event log and the start-up file. Please take a look at it and tell me what is trying to load and is hanging up and causing XP to freeze and re-boot. Let me know if doing a HJT in the safe mode will be of any help. Thanks

2. volcompunk82

volcompunk82

when ur in safe mode disable mcafee from starting up in a regular system boot. ive always had problems with mcafee

3. KC_AT

KC_AT Thread Starter

I didn't see the attachments I mentioned in the first thread, here goes:

volcompunk82: thanks for the reply, I will try this and post results.

Attached Files:

4. volcompunk82

volcompunk82

if that doesnt work unplug all ur drives except for ur primary hard drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!