1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP goes Shutdown After 1 Minute

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by khans, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. khans

khans Thread Starter

:rolleyes: I am receiving some problem in windows XP...

when i connect internet computer goes shutdown automatically after a min or 2...

some kind of message appear "C:windows\Isaac.exe" for safety ur computer will be shutdown..

i have installed win xp SP1 yesterday and haven't use internet..

i am using win98 now...

Help.......

2. chuckd1991

chuckd1991

I looked up Isaac.exe and couldn't find anything, but my first guess is that it's a virus.

3. natcom

natcom

well you have the old new sasser virus click on start run type shutdown -a that will stop the computer from shuttingdown then you can do some online virus scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    or download a free firewall like Z/A or zonealarm

4. physician

physician

You can also try out the 30 day free trial for NOD32 from eset.com - an excellent antivirus tool and catches most trojans too...doc

5. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

To avoid being infected in the future would suggest you change browsers from IE to Firefox. Next go to Webroot and install "Spysweeper" that should take care of your being infected. http://www.webroot.com/

6. physician

physician

Mozilla has two browsers firefox and mozilla. They also have an excellent mail app called Thunderbird that I use - very Outlook Express like, but not and it has antispam features that get about 80 percent of the spam. www.mozilla.org

...doc

7. myluvnttl

myluvnttl

Just download the free version of ZoneAlarm on a clean computer then install it, so when u go on line it will stop it, then run NOD32 to get rid of it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!