1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RisingFalcon, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RisingFalcon

RisingFalcon Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help as I have been knocking me head against the wall with this one for a few days.

My sisters computer has been acting up....she has SpyBot and Adaware installed, but no anti-virus program. I tried to install Nortons 2002, and kept getting a Internet explorer scipt error when I tried to register.

So, dumped that, and tried installing AVG, but after I installed it the first time, downloaded the updates, and scanned the computer, it found 2 trojans which it said it cleaned up. Now after re-booting, AVG is stuck in a loop where I get a message that the program isn't active, and that I have to re-boot again to finish the installation ? Evertime I answer yes to re-boot now, it comes up with that message again. So I tried another scan, but it needs the re-boot. I removed AVG and re-installed it hoping it would work, but it's still stuck in the "re-boot needed" state.

Any ideas ?
    Thanks,
    Ron

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

Download and install Ewido security suite, it seems to be very good at fixing problems as described.

Also, it is an excellent piece of software so if your sister is in the market for virus software (and it sounds like she is) then I would recommend purchasing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice