XP Home and Netware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angel

Ok, according to Microsoft, there is no Netware Client for Windows XP Home Edition. Does anyone know if there's a workaround of some type for this to allow an XP Home to login to Netware Server?

Sure!

I thought I saw a new edition of Novell Client the other day - 4.82 for XP - or was that only for XP Pro???

let me check..

You can get it here:

novell clients

But I'm not sure about xp:home compatibility. It will probably work. Novell didn't support ME specifically, but the client worked anyway - from what I read, the client seems like it will work, but its just not supported.

angel

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. The only stuff I could find said neither Microsoft or Novell were providing clients for the Home Edition. But - there's always a work around!!!
:D

angel

Worked like a charm! (With the exception of some of the commands in the login script that XP apparently no longer recognizes - aw well!)

Thanks again!

Cool! Good to know since we'll probably be getting XP users on our network next semester...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online