1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP (Home Edition) Machine restarts automatically!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ct509, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ct509

ct509 Thread Starter

My XP (Home Edition) machine restarts automatically; sometimes after a few hours, other times maybe a day. This problem may also affect my Internet Explorer, causing it shut down occassionaly and give me a message concerning system error. I use the XP repaired option and even reinstalled my Operating System and the problem reappears. I purchased Norton Symtemworks'05, hoping this would solve this problem - No such luck. I also updated my Norton Antivirus scans, didn’t work. I recently purchased a XP Professional OS system thinking this might help, but I thought I would see what others thought about this before receiving CD in mail and upgrading.

Can someone tell me why my machine restarts and help me prevent this from reoccurring?

The error I receive is: Window has recovered from a serious error

C:\Document~1\Owner\Local~1\Temp\WERC32e.dir00\Mini022405-01.dmp

C:\Document~1\Owner\Local~1\Temp\WERC32e.dir00\sysdata.xml

Thank You in advance

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. ct509

ct509 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, but im still getting the same problem of my machine rebooting randomly on its own. I've try the Windows Updates, deleting the Minidump files and resetting the Pagefile.sys file. I got one message about my machine overheating? Could that be the problem? How does one fix that? Thank you in advance.

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

If your machine is overheating it is serious. So make sure that the fans are running properly and that all is well inside the casing, which should be dust free.

Take proper anti-static precautions before handling anything.

5. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Download and run Everest

Select Computer > Sensor

Are there any Temperature readings for
    > motherboard
    > CPU
    > etc

6. BigRed

BigRed

My computer starts by itself unless I keep it unplugged from the phone line. Could be as simple as that with yours. BigRed

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Also follow the instructions here and see if you get a Blue Screen Stop message you can read:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320299

Additionally try looking in c:\windows\minidump for this dated minidump:

Mini022405-01.dmp

Open it in Notepad, select Edit > Find and enter:

stop

find the "stop" part of the otherwise gobledegook you see and locate the driver and stop parameters part of the message, eg:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xB219F2DD,0xB230FA64,0x00000000)

€ú0²äù0²÷0²4ö0²äù0²ŠÑR€äù0²Dö0²
    *** SYMEVENT.SYS - Address B219F2DD

You may also find the error flagged in the Event Viewr for System logs available in Administrative Tool (in the Control Panel)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/334828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice