1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Home Edition: User Account Deleted, Indicated It To "Save Files", Didn't Save Them

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FullForce098, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullForce098

FullForce098 Thread Starter

Until today my computer, running Windows XP Home Edition, had two user accounts; one for my mother (titled "Nancy Loury") and one for me (titled "Kev"). However I found myself simply using my mothers more often and saw having two accounts when both of us really only use one as redundant. So I decided to delete the Kev user account. The account had all of my very important files in it under My Documents. When I went to delete the account, it of course asked me if I wanted to save the contents of the My Documents folder for the Kev account under a folder labeled "Kev" on the Nancy Loury user's desktop. I of course did want to save them, so I clicked "Save Files", the account was deleted, and on the desktop is the file labeled "Kev" which, according to the system, should hold all the contents of the My Documents from the Kev account. I clicked on the folder and to my horror I found that it was completely empty; the system had not saved a single one of the files in My Documents like I had asked it too and like it said it would do. Nothing is there.

I've no idea why this happened, all I know is I'm extremely upset about this. What do I do to recover the files from the now deleted My Documents?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/667663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice