1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Home - Getting Kicked off Cable over and over

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Senor_Loin, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senor_Loin

Senor_Loin Thread Starter

Since 04/14/04 I have been getting booted off my cable connection over and over and over and over again; no error messages, just stops [modem keeps flashing]. After rebooting it operates for a few seconds.

This started after receiving a Channel Message, which read something to the effect of, "New Device on Channel 2". The message occurred when logging on to Windows. After x-ing out of this message the saga began and continues. I have contacted my ISP [Comcast] 3x, in which everything indicates being normal; the other computer is not affected; it is running XP Pro and connected to another port on the hub which connects both computers to the Internet.

I have performed the follwoing: SpyHunter, Virus Scan, System Restore, Defrag, Microsoft Updates, and even System Mechanic.

Can someone help me?

2. krash69

krash69

i used to have the same problem with shaw cable in b.c i fixed the problem when a knowledgeable installer came to fix it saw the previousn install was inferior, he did a whole new drop from the line and I never had the problem again, call your isp and tell them to get someone in there to redo it or look at service...krash

3. MarilynW

MarilynW

I have cable hookup too. My computer carries the main hookup from the cable company,and my two kid's computers upstairs are networked with a wireless unit that works through mine. Sometimes their computer will quit working,and I have to unplug and re-plug in the connection wire from my cable supplied router . They are then able to surf the net. Someone told me to buy a surge protector outlet ( with a separate outlet on the same bar,but set apart from the rest of the outlets on the bar) for my main computer hookup of the router supplied by the cable company. He said it needed to have a separate plug in because I might not get enough power from an electric bar without one section dedicated to just the router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice