XP Home Guest Account E-mail Account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

murray654

Hi

I need to know how to add an E-mail account in Outlook Express when logged in as a guest. Windows says that I have to log is as an administrator! I need the account to be accessed by the guest user.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I think you have to log in as admin in order to get it set up in the first place.

Even if you did log in as admin, I'm not sure that if you then logged in with any other account, guest included, you would use the same Outlook Express account.

If this were the case, then every account any admin created, would then be seen by all the other accounts. Pretty sure this would be a rather big security hole.

murray654

Hi,

After much searching on the net, the best solution I came up with is to create a limited account and set it up for E-mail, and disable the guest account.

I cant help wondering if the file and settings transfer wizard could import an Outlook Express account into the guest account. It seems impossible because when you are logged in on the guest account you can't do much.

Cheers,

Murray

Creating new accounts (Admin or Limited) and then configuring them for their own individual e-mail settings would be the normal way to do this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online