XP home - password protect shared folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ekoren

Hello,
I have a LAN with XP pro, XP home, and win98 computers.
I know that I can't set passwords to protect folders on XP home from other computers on the network, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a software (preferably freeware...) or any other way to make it possible on XP home as well. The best solution would be protection of the type you get in win98 - set passwords and determine weather u allow full/read only access.

ekoren

ekoren

Thanx, Bryan. I'll try the first one cuz i think the 2nd is only locking/hiding folders to users of the same computer, but it probably doesn't work on the network, or it just hides folders, while I need only certain users to be able to view certain folders...

ekoren

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online