XP Home - Reboots Automatically Frequently

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotobhaga

Sorry, if it's a repost. I searched the forum & found almost similar thread but no specific resolution for this problem.

I reinstalled windows XP home in a new computer with a new HDD with Pentium 4 2.6 Mhz processor and added many hardwares and softwares.

Problem 1 is minor: I see "no signal" once or twice during every bootup. It stays to my screen for few seconds. Don't know if it has any bad impact.

Problem 2: System was rebooting all of a sudden after addition of some software & hardware. After I removed my second hard drive( which was FAT32 file system), it became stable. So I reformated my second HDD to NTFS ( like the primary one). After few days the problem reappeared.
This time, I checked for all adawares and virusscan. Also does windows update. Installed Zonelab Security Suit as firewall. Problem was fixed for a while. Recently I didn't added any hardware or software. But the problem reappeared. To find out the reason of failure, I unchecked the box for automated rebooting and I found different error messages everytime.

======================================================

A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windiws
updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such
as caching or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced Startup options,
and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000050 (oxFFFFFDF8, 0x00000000, 0x8054A832, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

========================================================
Another time different error message:

A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windiws
updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such
as caching or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced Startup options,
and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000008E (oxC000001D, 0x804D27F9, 0xF78FD974, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

========================================================

Some details: I have replaced the power supply. I have two hard disk drive 200GB Maxtor & 120GB WesternDigital. 512MBx2 PNY Ram.

Gurus, Pls help.

What exactly did you add other than the HD? The problem might be many things, but we can try to narrow the search. It might be overheating, or your power supply might be getting stretched farther than it can put out since you added many components. Or both.

Just saw the bottom of your post. What's the output on that power supply and what's the rpm of those two HD?

hotobhaga

Yakiba said:
What exactly did you add other than the HD? The problem might be many things, but we can try to narrow the search. It might be overheating, or your power supply might be getting stretched farther than it can put out since you added many components. Or both.
I added many things.
replaced 40GB HDD with two HDD 200 & 120
Replaced 256MB ram with 2x512MB ram
replaced 250 watt Power Supply with 350 watt
WinTV Go
DVD Writer
VideoCard in AGP slot
FireWire Card
Webcam
Wireless G card
17" LCD monitor with DVI( thou till using analog)
Initially overclocked to 3.0Mhz, but after facing problem switched it back to normal.
Also installed some softwares.

But recently I hadn't add any software or hardware. System was stable for about 2 months.

hotobhaga

Yakiba said:
Just saw the bottom of your post. What's the output on that power supply and what's the rpm of those two HD?
Power Supply enhanced to 350Watt

120GB western digital EIDE 7200 RPM 8MB
200GB maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 - 6Y200P0 7200RPM 8MB.

hotobhaga

Other Error messages

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x32595559, 0xB8821BAC, ox00000000)
*** psched.sys - Address ...........

OR

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF8B7B6F, 0xF78FD95C, 0x00000000)
*** win32k.sys - Address BF8B7B6F base at BF800000, dateStamp 422511a2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online