XP Home Recovery Counsel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jonathan731

This issue is for a friends pc, a Dell Dimension 3000. Her and her brothers dont know how to use a pc well so they have messed it up. I went there but cant access the recovery counsel because it says the password is wrong. When i start in safe mode i can log into the administrator account with this password. Can someone help me to understand why it does not work in the recovery consel? thanks alot in advance for any help

Commonly the recovery console administrator password is blank unless it was set up on the initial installation of windows. Most people and manufacturers dont create one, they create it later in windows, therefore try just pressing enter when asked for the admin password.

jonathan731

I tried that and after some thought. I went into the registry and changed the security level from 0 to 1 in the recovery counsel so it wont ask for a password. thanks for the help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online