1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Home Repair Install: Windows Reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Navit3, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navit3

Navit3 Thread Starter

Downloaded 5 page instructions to ReInstall Windows XP (sp3 Home Edition - 32bit)

Followed 4 pages of instructions. All as planned until told to allow Restart from CD in Drive. Screen shows Windows loading and in small print reads "Please wait. . . "

Now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and never get to next step "to adjust your resolution, click "OK" to continue.

Already went thru complete Setup, saw screen which siad "Installing Devices" and entered my Product Key coreectly.

Supposedly the procedure goes thru Restart (automatically) and if I'm happy with setting, click "OK", changes will be Accepted and after another delay I should see the "Welcome" screen.

Any and all suggestions welcomed - Thanks

Tried fresh Reboot, ignoring CD rom, HD booted and got to a screen requesting "Windows Product Activation". When "no" is clicked, got normal screen but to proceed - "Windows Product Activation" reappeared. When "Yes" is clicked, monitor goes to White Screen and sits idle forever.

Is there a special way to Activate?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1118285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice