XP Home SP3 Backup Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patmac

How do I backup up ( hardcopy ) all the updates SP1 to SP2 and now to SP3?
I originally updated from SP1 to SP2 using a MS CD I got in the mail when SP2 first came out, only I got around to doing that early in last year ( 1/07 ). There were alot of updates after using the CD. I've kept up with them, and today I updated to SP3, over the internet. How do I keep from having to go back through those steps if I need to reinstall windows? Thanks for your time.

You can order the Service Pack 3 from Microsoft. As far as I know this includes Sp1 and 2
Try to avoid the problem you suggest.

I have Acronis True Image 10 and a External Hard Drive
(Maxtor One Touch)
Acronis now has a newer version 11
Acronis 10 backs up to what's called It's Secure Zone.
I backup Acronis also to the external hard drive.
If the computer won't boot normal you insert the Acronis CD and press
Start. It goes to and open Acronis for you to run your backup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online