1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp home wont update

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xxkhbxx, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xxkhbxx

xxkhbxx Thread Starter

guys i swear a posted up this question a few days ago but i cant seem to find my post. but here goes.. a friend of mine has windows xp home and im trying to update but it wont.. i dont get any errors or anything the update now button keeps popping up but when i press it it seems to do something for a few secs then the update now button pops up again. i already checked my system clock and windows clock i also deleted cookies and and temp folder. whats the problem btw its a legit xp home ed that came with her compaq

2. xxkhbxx

xxkhbxx Thread Starter

no one?????

3. rude

rude

4. randyspcresc

randyspcresc

Have you checked for worms? I had a pc that wouldn't update, found it to have the welchia Worm (I think that was it), once I cleaned out the worm, it updated fine. Just a thought. I used the removal tools from Symantec to test and remove.
    Good luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice