XP home-XP home "not accessible" help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andy102

I have tried to set up a network at home but whenever I try to access the other computer on the network I get the "<computer> is not accessible error and then it says "network path not found." I am able to share an internet connection between the two computers though. Can someone help please? Thanks

Can you access the shares on the other PC via the IP? To do this, open an explorer window, and type in //<computer IP> instead of computer name. If this works, then you probably have a DNS problem.

TerryNet

Terry
Before we can help much you may have to more specific about your network and problem(s)?

It sounds like you have an ad-hoc network with a cross-over cable between the two computers and are using ICS. Correct?

When you get the error messages, how are you trying to access? Same error both directions or some success in one direction?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online