1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP huge boot time after clean Install

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by othereality, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. othereality

othereality Thread Starter

Hi to all! First Post here, hope to be helpful and receive nice info as well.
    Well, after my 2nd HDD died I performed a format on my first one (which was working), and installed WinXP SP2. The thing is, that even in the very first boot after installation, and before the XP logo and loading bar appears, I get a black screen for 20 secs, and then at the bottom of the screen I get the oldschool loading bar in ASCII without any accompanying text/info (E.g loading windows...). This takes more than 5 minutes to complete. I get the logo afterwards and everything goes smoothly afterwards. I get this all the time, after a restart as well. Hibernation though runs fine.
    I formatted the HDD 5 times allready, installed Windows again and again, but still, this remains. Even on the cleanest possible situation. I guess this is hardware conflict, although it has never happened before. I tried to disable all LAN activity through BIOS, I unplugged all IDE devices but still. Checkdisk shows no problems, and all devices seem to be properly working through device manager. I even ran some diagnostics/benhmarks on my HDD through NVIDIA's Nforce soft, and I get nothing strange. I also cleared the prefetch folder with X-Setup. I ran CCleaner as well, even though the system was still in the cleansest possible situation, after formating and installing windows. Any tips or help would be appreciated, this is the first time I see this bug, and no friend of mine can help, as they have never faced this themselves.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Well personally haven't come across this either....so are you saying after new install with SP2....so have you tried without SP2 to see if that could be something to do with it.

3. MTDrew

MTDrew

4. othereality

othereality Thread Starter

I will try Bootvis, strangely I haven't tried it yet! And, yes, I have tried with no SP2 as well, so it's not the case unfortunately...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/455536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice