XP install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jcapstick

I have a GA-7ZX-1 motherboard ,700 AMD cpu,320 Ram, 8.4 gig DiamondMax HD
Trying to install XP
Setup stops coping files to the Windows installation Folders
27% is as far as I can get.
Any help would be appreciated

As far as i've ever seen, this motherboard was only used in compaq presarios...anyway, make sure you have the latest BIOS from gigabyte...that your hard drive is zeroed out, and that your installation media has no scratches / smudges on it.
Sometimes it helps to remove everything from the mainboard and run setup bare, then install your devices seperately..also, strange as it may seem, make sure your drives are in the right order, as sometimes XP will screw up initing the hard drive controller if there's no primary master

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online