1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Installation PROBLEMMMMM;!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PC_Chick, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PC_Chick

PC_Chick Thread Starter

Hello,

I am trying to boot my self-assembled system for the first time (with new HD) and install XP Pro.

I load all 6 windows setup disks and then my PC shuts itself off shortly after finishing with the last (6th) disk. XP CD is in CDROM ready to go, but never gets accessed. Tried everything, checked the HW setup....WHAT GIVES???

Your suggestions/solutions are greatly appreciated!

2. Krall

Krall

You may be having heat or power supply problems. Even if there was a problem with your install disk's it would more than likely just error out not shut itself off. It is defenitly hardware related.
    Be sure all your fans are working properly and your power supply is plugged in to all devices properly.

3. pileyrei

pileyrei

Hello

Maybe this is a bit of a dumb suggestion but here goes.

Can't you install XP but simply booting from the CD and going through the setup?

Or using a dos disk to boot up, change to the CD rom drive and then run the setup.

Truthfully I've never installed XP so I may be way off.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Good luck

Pileyrei

4. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

pileyrei

i was going to post that but now i am going to add that you can change the boot drive to cd rom in the bios. and xp will boot then those floppies are a waste.

5. Krall

Krall

Good advice guys about booting from cd, but any ides on the PC shutting it's self off? I still belive it may be a heat prob.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Check the Temperature's in the BIOS setup and report them. Also check the seating of the heatsink/fan. Also check the voltages - Press F2 or DEL at boot/post.

Also post all the info about your computer - like CPU, mainboard, powersupply(watts), etc.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice