1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP installiation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pyrofreak, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pyrofreak

pyrofreak Thread Starter

I just bougt a new MB & Processor (celeron 487) and i formated the HDD. I went to install XP professional and it installed fine but now when I go to log on i stop getting a video signal or a pink screen comes up or itll freeze on the WELCOME screen. Is this a hardware or software problem?I have also realized that it works fine if i go into safe mode which boggles me because i formated my HDD so i dont understand how software conflicts could happen.

MIIKE

2. leeofaccy

leeofaccy

I don't know the specs of your system, but it sounds like you might not have enough memory or hard drive space to run xp efficiently. Without knowing anything its hard to say.

3. pyrofreak

pyrofreak Thread Starter

SPECS
    2.0ghz celeron socket 487
    256mb 333ddr
    30gb hdd
    creative cdburner
    shuttle av49n motherboard
    ati radeon 32mb video card

4. Jest8

Jest8

Can you boot into safe mode? (tapping f8 will still get the boot menu)

5. leeofaccy

leeofaccy

Have you got your clock speed set correctly in your BIOS? I might be wrong, but I think your CPU might run at 266 and your RAM is 333. Make sure your clock is set to 1667. Somebody else can maybe put me right if that's not quite right, but its a thought.

6. pyrofreak

pyrofreak Thread Starter

First of all yes i can boot in safe mode, Thanks. but the ram is set to 333 and i still cant boot normally. Should i just go back to ole reliable 98se? because i never had a big problem (not including virus attacks) or is there any other suggestions?

Thanks
    mike

7. Jest8

Jest8

Try uninstalling your video driver and letting the system reboot. (make sure you have the latest video driver before doing this!)

Just want to see if the driver is causing a problem.

If you need help with the driver install.uninstall process, please post back

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice