1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Javascripts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jraquel, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jraquel

jraquel Thread Starter

Hello All,

I am having trouble with XP home edition SP1 not allowing javascript pages to be displayed on my computer. I have tried a 98 computer and it will not also. I have tried win 2000 at my school and it works.

How can I make this work correctly at my computer? My computer once worked but after a "crash" and after a full HP recovery, I can't get it to work.

2. Tecumseh

Tecumseh

Have you tried restoring both the Security and Advanced tabs options to their Default level in Internet Options (Control Panel)?

3. jraquel

jraquel Thread Starter

No I haven't. will try this.
    Thanks

4. cassandra

cassandra

I answered this already, as well as posted the file you need to fix it.
    Microsoft lost their lawsuit with Sun Java. As a result, the Sun Java handlers that Microsoft was using, had to be removed from their products. When you installed Service Pack 1, it removed your 'Virtual Machine'. You can reinstall that from the file Microsoft used to give you. I have it hosted on my site and you can get it from there.
    More information and the download link are available in this post: Virtual Machine

5. jraquel

jraquel Thread Starter

Thanks cassandra.

6. jraquel

jraquel Thread Starter

Hi cassandra,
    I tried the link you suggested but got the error message that it is not a valid Win32 application and it cancelled.

What did I do wrong?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice