XP keeps re booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Reg8892

i am running a celeron 2.6 on an ASUS P4S800-MX with XP home
each time i startup it gets to the windows desktop seaches the RAID settings then all goes blank and it starts to re boot. it does thei 2-3 times then comes up again and starts on the scandisk on the C drive. i changed the wireless k/board and mouse and the video card but still the same. appreciate any help Thanks Phil

Have you looked at the bios? Perhaps setting it to default values for a trial?

Under what conditions did this problem begin? Out of the Blue? Or after you made a change?

Reg8892

i checked all the settings and BIOS defaults. its booted up and gone into scandisk. i'm still running in FAT32 would it make any difference if i converted C drive to NTFS

Reg8892 said:
i checked all the settings and BIOS defaults. its booted up and gone into scandisk. i'm still running in FAT32 would it make any difference if i converted C drive to NTFS
What happened after it finished scandisk?

I don't see any reason that changing the file system would help at this point.

Reg8892

It will usually boot and open windows ok showing no erors. then at any time from a few minutes to an hour or so it will "beep" and go into reboot again. sometimes it gets past POST to the windows screen but other times not that far and does that a few times then boots ok

I have that same board and it does the same thing.

1) Go into your BIOS and load the defaults.
2) look in your device manager for problem devices, reload drivers as necessary.

The same board also occasionally tells me that my overclock failed. I've never overclocked it...I don't know why.

Reg8892

thanks for the help. i have set mobo to defaults and it booted up fine (but a bit slow between POST and windows ) no errors in device manager. i was starting to think it was the CPU

telegramsam said:
I have that same board and it does the same thing.

1) Go into your BIOS and load the defaults.
2) look in your device manager for problem devices, reload drivers as necessary.

The same board also occasionally tells me that my overclock failed. I've never overclocked it...I don't know why.
Is there a bios update?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online