XP keeps reinstalling my printer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

womanmarine

I just got a new computer with XP pro. I downloaded the drivers for my Lexmark Z51 printer. XP says driver not signed, but I got the printer to work. Now XP keeps re-installing the printer every time I reboot, or turn the printer on.

I have emails in to Lexmark, but they are not known for their support. I just want the darned thing to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Wellcome to TSG.:cool:

Shut the printer off and disconnect it. Uninstall the drivers. Reconnect the printer and turn it on and let windows load the drivers. XP has the Z51 driver in its database.

Lance.

womanmarine

Lance,

Thanks, I know that. That's how I first did it. But the microsoft driver doesn't support bidirectional, so the printer keeps telling me it is having communication problems.

The driver from Lexmark works the way it should, with bidirectional support, but XP keeps installing their version of the printer when I reboot and when I turn the printer back on.

I do appreciate your help.

Ruth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online