1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp - lan problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tom_work, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tom_work

tom_work Thread Starter

My computer running XP shows up in the Network Neigborhood of my other computers (running NT or 98), but when I try to access it I get the error 'The network path was not found'. If I ping its IP address, it's ok. If I swap the driver of the network adapter (either by Roll Back or Update Driver), the problem goes away, but returns when I re-boot. Any ideas?

2. PC_DISK1

PC_DISK1

Hello,
    Do you have any shares on the XP box?

3. jainknitin

jainknitin

hi hi pls remove the lan card and all protocols and again reinstall it then try it again.

4. tom_work

tom_work Thread Starter

Yes, I do have shares.

I have already deleted and re-installed the device, but the problem persists.

5. PC_DISK1

PC_DISK1

Hello,
    I think its a password issue. What I would do is set all the usernames and passwords the same and see what happens.
    Good Luck

6. gajajakr

gajajakr

Did you get anything to work. I can't even see it on other computers. I get the same error message also. The weird thing is that I have DSL hooked to my server and then out to my workstations and I can access the internet with the XP machine but I can't share server files. I have XP Home Edition. I'm at wits end and about ready to format C: and install Win 98.
    GAry

7. tom_work

tom_work Thread Starter

I finally got it to work by removing the driver AND protocols, and re-booting (it then re-installs itself).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice