XP laptop restore??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ryanb000

Hi all,

Im trying to FULLY restore my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It came with Satellite RECOVERY discs, but I didn't think those were what I was supposed to use to FULLY restore my laptop. Are they? Normally, on the boot up screens on my desktops, you can press f8 or whatever, and reformat like that. I guess thats because their desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

If the recovery disks you got with the laptop from new are the ones you talk about then yes they are.
Just pop the xp disk in and take it from there.
It will ask you what you want to do ie; Do a repair, reformat etc.
Just make sure the bios is set to boot from the cdrom.
F8 on startup is mainly used to go into Safe Mode.
To get into the bios look when it starts, the message might be:
"To enter setup press (on mine it's Del)" but it could be F2 or anything.
Wolfey

Do you have the Toshiba XP Recovery disk?
It will say some thing along the lines of " This disk can only be used to re-install windows os and drivers, (Note "Re"-install). Not a new install.
The disk will be specific for that machine and can't be used on a Dell for example.
An xp upgrade disk will not work.
Wolfey

Ryanb000

I got it done, ran smoothly. The recovery disks did the job.

thank you very much for all the help..

Ryan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online