1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp locked in safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ianhodges, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianhodges

Ianhodges Thread Starter

I was removing programs for computer and it went into safe mode it is a dell inspiron 6400 XP

I have tried all the modes to restart and it goes around in a loop says windows is starting looks like normal start for moment then a screen comes up saying xp cant start in safe mode i have put XP disc in come s up XP cant run under safe mode.

someone suggested i take the hard drive out and fix it in another computer ?

Please help

2. newtonis

newtonis

I am not sure but you can try this:
    Go to start> Run
    Type msconfig and click OK.
    Then check out "BOOT.INI" tab.
    Hope this help you! (y)

3. newtonis

newtonis

And dont make any change in msconfig just tell me which options are selected in boot option!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice