1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP log on, urgent help needed.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Simon Davies, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Simon Davies

Simon Davies Thread Starter

Well, last night I was faffing around with the user accounts, and I deleted a couple. I don't know if this is relevant or not to the problem, but here it is;

I rebooted my computer this morning afer I made changes to the start up, I know it wasn't anything to do with anything I did in there, as I have done that many many many times before.

Before it gave me the logon screen a message box popped up saying that I could not be logged on as my password and domain or something were incorrect. So I clicked ok and it took me to the normal logon screen. There is normally an account for my wife, my sister in law and before I removed them, my two lodgers. The difference was in this that there was only a user account for Administrator. So I tried to log on, but whenever I put in a password I thought it was, it wasn't.

So I tried logging on without a password, and it says I cannot access my account due to account restrictions :mad: :rolleyes:
    Is there a way to fix this?

I know this subject has been posted on here before, but no one has given sufficient answers, so if anyone knows and wants to share the solution, please help me!

Thanks guys and gals
    (y) (y)

2. flameboy1974

flameboy1974

Are you trying to log into a network or just windows? Your first error sound like a network error. Try logging into safe mode and let us know

3. pugmug

pugmug Banned

4. Simon Davies

Simon Davies Thread Starter

Sorted, thanks pugmug!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!