1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp login issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jeyaganeshdj, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeyaganeshdj

jeyaganeshdj Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have reinstalled windows xp SP2. After installing xp when I was installing the drivers, the driver software installation (Realtek Audio Driver and MS DirectX 9) asked me for the user name and pasword since it needs to restart the system after installing one driver. I gave the administrator user name and password. After installation when ever I log into the system the system ogs me into the Administrator account without any passwords. I have setup a user with administrator previlages also. But the system by default boots and logs in to Administrator account. Is there any way to resolve this without reinstalling xp. Thanks.

2. advisory

advisory

where'd you get the software installation from? i've never had a software install ask me for my login and password. seems fishy.

3. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
    To resolve this behavior, turn off the automatic logon feature and require a username and password at logon:
    Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
    In the dialog box that appears, click to select the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box, and then click OK.
    To work around this behavior, log off from the Autologon account, and then log on by using the new account.

4. jeyaganeshdj

jeyaganeshdj Thread Starter

Thanks.. It worked like a charm.. Now my system accepts the password at the login screen..

BTW.. It was a motherboard driver installation CD that requires the user name and password for frequent uninterrupted restarts

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!