XP logon account problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DdollarBill

I was working a xp machine yesterday and ran into a little bump in the road.. I created a new admin logon account. after i created it i log onto the account and tried to access the internet with no luck.. This machine does have norton internet security which i uninstalled after i could not access the internet on the new account. at first i could not even get a ip adress from the modem so i turned it off and turned it back on and finnaly got one( cable modem). now the funny thing is, is that the orignal logon account can access the internet and ping and all that good stuff. it is only when i create a second account that i can no longer access the internet.

on a side note. norton poped up on the second account with a network is not configured properly warning before i uninstalled it. I went as far as comparing all network setting to the orignal account just to make sure i was not missing anything. Please help!!

PS. sorry for the crappy spelling.. i really suck at it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts