xp looks in me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

somak_de

hi i use window me with a p3. lately i was very much impressed by the cool looks
of xp. i dont want to change my os in near future but is there any application which can give
my system the looks of xp. plz let me know.

i have a apps that changes the icon into xp style
u can have that from www.madgen.com
but i want to change the looks of my windows too

Most of the looks of XP are from the OS itself. if you simply wanted the background you may be able to get a wallpaper that was the same but as for the "feel" that XP has. Short of installing it your kinda SoL =) btw if you do decide to run XP do us techies a favor and do a clean install. That way when you post again we wont have to ask you to do a clean install >=)

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi- Use the full version of XP Pro for the best results. Remember to disable ME system restore if you have it running, and fdisk the drive if you want to use the partition creation to make an NTFS file system on one partition, FAT 32 on others. WinXP can convert partitions, but it is handy to have FAT32 on one, with a copy of ME, in case you get stuck with a driver for hardware under XP- not all devices you have may work due to drivers not available for XP just yet, or unsupported hardware. There are a few places to test what you have in system now to more or less make any transition a smoother ride....Microsoft is one place, right on the XP Homepage I think, for this test. Pcpitstop is another.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online