1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP-low digital sound w/loud hum

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by XP dummy290, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XP dummy290

XP dummy290 Thread Starter

on 'you tube', etc, low sound w/loud hum-volumes ok and up full , and all mutes off.:(

2. Sponsor

3. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Are your audio cables running parallel, or crossing any electrical cables?

4. XP dummy290

Dr Chaubcy--tks for reply--my audio cables come out back of tower and go UP to the spkrs-no wheere else. My audio card is orig w/Dell which is 4 yrs old--??

5. XP dummy290

DR Chauncy--one more clarification--my sound is ok on analog videos-trble w/digital format only--tks

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Try unplugging the speaker cable and re-plug it and make sure it is plugged into the correct opening. Also I would do this with the computer in the turned-off position check to see if the sound card is plugged in securely and all connections if any inside the computer are secure. Reboot and check it out.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice