1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP & Mac OS X dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by warped417, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warped417

warped417 Thread Starter

is this possible to do a dual boot with mac os-x and xp on a pc becuase at school i do alot of work on a mac and i think it would be cool to have a dual boot of mac os-x on my computer to do my work in and play games on XP

thx for your time

warped

2. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

Well up until a while ago, i would have suggested no....but from what I have heard recently, apparently Mac has ported their OS to PC architecture, so it is possible to use the mac os on your computer....not sure where to get it though...

Let me know if you do get it working. (i dont like macs at all, but id be interested to hear if you were successful in getting it to work)

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

4. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

...Yeah... dual booting: No. Not offical at least. Emulator: Yes. Slow. But yes. Might want to just invest in a mac anyhow. You'll find your windows box turned into an overpriced console, especially since OS X can run most, if not all linux programs.

5. warped417

warped417 Thread Starter

i have found one operating system that runs off linux which is called mac on linux and another is darwin (open souce they are tied in with apple some how)

mac to linux is a virtual machine not a emulator :)

im working on installing suse linux in the next day or so on my second hard drive. for now im going to in stall mac on linux to get me by. my problem is im a avid gamer and they do not realease most of the games i play on mac. im also a web design major at one of the Art Institutes so i do alot of my work on a mac that is why im looking into dual booting osx either jag or panther

thanks for your help guys i will keep you posted on it

i will be calling apple and seeing if it is possible to dual boot os-x on a pc along with XP

6. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

And mac will give you a resounding NO! Besides, emulators, excepting some commercial ones, are not fast enought to keep up to OSX, a very processor hungry Operating system.

7. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Pardon, but mac-on-linux is PPC EXCLUSIVE. Meaning it will NOT run on your WinXP/Suse Box.

8. warped417

warped417 Thread Starter

well when i was looking into Maconlinux it said it was compatable with linux not only ppc

9. warped417

warped417 Thread Starter

im a poor college student with no money for another computer

kinda sucks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice