XP - Macro Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

macca111

Hi,

I work in an environment that has at any one time about 10-12 applications open. I am looking for a way to have these automatically opened by pressing an icon on the main desktop.
Someone suggested a .bat file (USING NOTEPAD) which I tried using each of the full addresses then the file name followed by .exe, however they don't open still when I double click on it.

For example:
my file is called runme.bat. The file is:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE

but is doens't activate the program.

Any help would be appreciated

try the same batch file but put quotes around any path with spaces in it
e.g. "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE"

macca111

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have the following in a batch file:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

When run, Excel opens, yet the black DOS window appears to hang and Firefox doesn't open.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online