1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp mode via vmware no longer works

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by boydphoto, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boydphoto

boydphoto Thread Starter

Nov 25, 2005
    i was using this method so i can use my expensive printer and some software made for xp which won't work with windows 7.
    i was able to get everything working yesterday, but this morning when i tried to open it again i don't get xp, i only get what you
    can see on the desktop screenshot i am posting below. thank you for helping, boyd.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P340 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2810 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 , 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 288256 MB, Free - 129094 MB; D: Total - 16683 MB, Free - 2407 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 89 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1444, 69.37, PX210011ZZNQZ6
    Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Attached Files:

2. DVOM

Jun 20, 2002
    Have you tried going into the XPMode folder and right clicking the .vmx file and "open with" vmware player?

Also, if there's any folders in the XPMode folder that end in a ".lck" suffix, those are from an unclean shutdown and have to be deleted before the VM will fire up. Typically there's 3 of them but sometimes just one or two.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1023814