1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP networking configuration help/steps needed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by iliketechsupport, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iliketechsupport

iliketechsupport Thread Starter

How can I access my music files that are on my Server HD from my laptop while in our house. i

ie; I am down stairs surfing on laptop and want to listen to some files that are my desktop computer upstairs. Basically, I want to share my music file on my server or the computer upsatirs.

Currently running XP and have Linksys. 2.4 Wireless router. I have looked and messed around with networking option in XP but still confused.

Your direction would greatly be appreciated.

Best Regards,

MN

:)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. iliketechsupport

Thanks. This is exactly what I need.

Regards

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You're welcome. If you have any problems, drop back in. :)

5. iliketechsupport

....be sure and have all devices going through the same router. This cost me some time....it's always the obvious. hope it can maybe help someone.

Lastly, a good program that I found was Network Magic. You don't need it, but it's sets up a nice visual one stop editor for sharing, adding and managing (19.99). Setting up a home network for me was a real pain in the A!! If you don't like troubleshooting, pay someone to set this up. I imagine the cost would be somewhere in the neighborhood 160.00

Good luck.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice