XP networking configuration help/steps needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iliketechsupport

How can I access my music files that are on my Server HD from my laptop while in our house. i

ie; I am down stairs surfing on laptop and want to listen to some files that are my desktop computer upstairs. Basically, I want to share my music file on my server or the computer upsatirs.

Currently running XP and have Linksys. 2.4 Wireless router. I have looked and messed around with networking option in XP but still confused.

Your direction would greatly be appreciated.

Best Regards,

MN

:)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You're welcome. If you have any problems, drop back in. :)

iliketechsupport

....be sure and have all devices going through the same router. This cost me some time....it's always the obvious. hope it can maybe help someone.

Lastly, a good program that I found was Network Magic. You don't need it, but it's sets up a nice visual one stop editor for sharing, adding and managing (19.99). Setting up a home network for me was a real pain in the A!! If you don't like troubleshooting, pay someone to set this up. I imagine the cost would be somewhere in the neighborhood 160.00

Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online