1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Networking

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by touchline, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touchline

touchline Thread Starter

Hi Folks,
    I have two computers on XP. Network connected by an ethernet router, with NTL Broadband installed. Since the router and NTL broadband have been installed, both computers have no sound. All systems are working with all Drivers working and best available. I cannot hear CD's or hear any of the media players playing. NTL have no idea how to fix the problem. I cannot reinstall guest computer sound card drivers as they are on a HP Windows ME all in one disk which came with the computer, and I'm now on XP.
    Any replies, please make them very simple as I have very limited computer knowledge.
    Any ideas
    Cheers
    touchline.

2. Cookies

Cookies

Did the trouble begin after you acquired broadband, or after you switched to XP?

Check the device manager (R click My Computer on your desktop, L click Properties. Click on the Hardware tab, then the Device Manager button. Click on the "+" next to Sound, video and game controllers. Tell us if you se any !'s or ?'s)

You have a few options depending upon what you see.

3. rude

rude

Try this: Go to Control panel/Sounds and audio devices.On the Volume tab,click Advanced,make sure nothing is muted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice