1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp not detecting my laptop harddrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cmdrmaxwell, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrmaxwell

cmdrmaxwell Thread Starter

i bought a external enclosure for my laptop harddrive. when i first plugged it into my desktop that runs xp home it installed the drivers needed and all software but the computer wont recognize it in the my computer icon. i went into disk management and there it is seen but it says the drive is empty when i know ther is info on it. so i got a shop to get the info i wanted off then i started the proccess again, reinstalled the software and drivers then i formatted the drive with no problems and i went to using it on my desktop, it was even recognized in my computer. so i put all the info i wanted on it and when i was done i ejected the drive as i do to all my other removable drives. the next time i came to use it, i t will not see it in my computer, in disk management it is seen but again it is seen as empty, it gave me an option to initialize the drive, i just dont want to lose whats on the drive. so should o initilze it? or what should i do so i can use the drive and still keep my info, i dont wnat to pay again for data recovery.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice