1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp not remembering passwords

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kaverorzi, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaverorzi

kaverorzi Thread Starter

hey guys thanks a lot for the help last time, but now i have a new question:

i did some registry tweaks on xp, its all good except now my machine won't remember any passwords
    i backed up my registry before i did anything so i can always go back but i was wondering if there is a service i need to turn back on to get it remembering again or if it is something else because i can't figure it out

thanks,
    kaver

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

Talking about website passwords?

In IE, tools, internet options, content tab, autocomplete, check "user names and passwords on forms".

3. kaverorzi

kaverorzi Thread Starter

oh duh, pretty much website passwords and outlook passwords
    sorry

4. kaverorzi

kaverorzi Thread Starter

oh by the way i do have that stuff checked by my main concern is i hate having to type out passwords for my email account and its a "universal"
    problem because all the different email programs on all the xp identities won't remember passwords even if the program is specified to do so......so i know it's deeper than the programs itself but im clueless right now on what i should do so it can remember....

5. kaverorzi

kaverorzi Thread Starter

nevermind, got it
    the protected storage service was disabled thanks anyway

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/247484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice