1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP not responding/showing usb import device

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rocket300, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocket300

rocket300 Thread Starter

hello,
    I've had years with no issues transfering pictures or videos from cameras to my xp pc from various usb devices. I even have flash drives that work perfectly on my p.c. Yesterday i bought a new video cam/camera and another flash drive usb storage device. When i plug either of these new devices (neither came with software) into my usb ports; i get a new message telling me i must install hardward in order for windows to run the new device. Well it came with no hardware? Silimiar cameras and identical flash drives have never required installation, they simply appear as devices with removable storage under "my computer". Nothing appears under my computer when the new devices are plugged in.

any suggestions? Thank you

2. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Let it install the hardware. Assuming the devices are compatible with XP then the lack of a disk implies that XP has the drivers available to install. Assuming your OS is up to date.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice