XP - OS ratio to disk space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AaLF

We should have an answer for this by now.

How much Disk space does an XP sp3 need to perform at optimum?

For Example: on an XP OS size 15Gb with standard programs e.g. MS Office & maybe photoshop etc BUT no online gaming - how big should the OS partition be?

15Gb OS = 15GB? > 20Gb? > 30 GB? > 50 GB?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I don't consider $1000+ worth of software to be "standard". Optimum would be whatever your installation needs plus enough for future growth and maintenance. There's no magic number certainly if you're considering Adobe Photoshop to be a standard program.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My XP with Office, PS CS5 and a few other programs is running ~~20 gig full .. In a 64git SSD
All my personal data is in another HDD.
Performance is in the SSD and the RAM .. And the temp files have been moved to a HDD.
You need spare space in the C drive to work with large files (on the desktop in the C drive) ... And psd files can get large ..
not to mention Movies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online