1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Plus

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pcbasher, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcbasher

pcbasher Thread Starter

When trying to use new screen savers from XP Plus, i am told by pc that video card does not have enough memory, needing 16 plus. Purchased new card, 64 meg, installed, same message must have 16 meg plus....... help please

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

what is the card

3. pcbasher

pcbasher Thread Starter

Thank you for your interest my friend, the newcard is a geforce4, MX series, npact 4408x 64MB/TV+DVI. Yes, i have checked the installation of both cards. Used supplied CD ROM to install driver for new card. Again, thank you.... :confused:

4. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

check your bios settings to see if you agp slot is turned on. ie your vid ram amount is set properly, that is probably an agp 4x card so make sure that is enabled.

and then go to the nvidia website and get thge latest detonator driver.

5. pcbasher

pcbasher Thread Starter

OK, as i am very new to all this, lol, how do i check my bios settings................ please be patient with me......:confused:

6. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

when you first turn your pc immediately hit the delete key. that should get you in. and then just go through the options till you see some thing regarding agp and or video ram

7. pcbasher

pcbasher Thread Starter

Many thanks, i will try that and let you know how i go........(y)

8. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Check in the control panel/System/Device manager to make sure that the old card is properly un-installed. Then uninstall the Geforce card using add/remove software, reboot and reinstall the drivers.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice