1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp pro admin password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by criza, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. criza

criza Thread Starter

is there a system defualt password for windows xp pro 32 bit. i bought my pc with xp installed and now am asked to enter a password for the administrator. tried to enter my own user name and password and also left the admin password blank and still no go

2. valis

valis Moderator

if you bought it used, you will have to ask the previous owner.

Where did you buy it from?

3. criza

criza Thread Starter

Sad thing is I bought it off of Kijji.

4. valis

valis Moderator

no way we can assist with that. If you don't know the previous user's setup, the only way you can get around that is installing a fresh copy of xp and formatting it with your credentials.

5. rosiesdad

rosiesdad

Also, sometimes the default password is (nothing) just hit the enter key when prompted for password.

6. valis

valis Moderator

adida, we do not assist with those types of password crackers.

As this thread has reached it's conclusion with regards to what we can do in assistance with the password, I'm going to close this.

thanks,

v

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975506

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice