1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro and gaming?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aphidevny, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aphidevny

aphidevny Thread Starter

I'm hoping this topic hasn't been beaten to pieces, but a few months ago I installed Windows XP Pro and soon after found I couldn't play a couple of already installed games, as well as get a couple of other things to work such as Create CD and a thing or two with my DVD player. Shortly after I got rid of XP and reverted back to my ME where all these things worked just fine as before. Now I want to reinstall XP Pro but with some help when I run into these same possible problems and others which may crop up. So,,,,,,,,help me please anyone!! Updates? Patches? Tricks? Thanks in advance:p

2. $teve

$teve

the best way would be to dual boot XP and ME......that way you get the best of both worlds...........if you need any help or info on this,just ask.

good luck;)

3. aphidevny

aphidevny Thread Starter

Well here I am asking Steve......I'm all ears...please

4. mnemonix

mnemonix

you just needed to reinstall those programs again in xp, the progs needed .dlls in the system or system32 folder, when you reinstall the progs, it wont overwrite, just keep the program but add .dlls to the system

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice