1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro Blank Screen in Text Mode Setup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shairel, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shairel

Shairel Thread Starter

really wierd...when I boot to the XP CD, everything happens correctly, but I don't get anything on my screen until I am prompted to press enter to set up windows XP, so basically the screen is blank during the portion of setup where it asks to press f6 to setup scsi / raid drivers, and where to press f2 for automated system recovery.
    I can actually go through the steps of pressing f6 and loading the RAID Drivers from a floppy disk, but i'm basically working blind while i'm doing this
    My system is a p4 2.4 on an ASUS p4b-533e running bios revision 1011, with a visiontek xtasy 6964 geforce 3 ti-500, i'm currently trying to set up windows on a lone 80 GB drive enumerated as an array on my onboard RAID controller, and I'm running windows xp pro fine off of a 40 hooked up to my mainboard's chipset IDE controller.

2. cnm

cnm

Maybe try temporarily setting your video to something primitive like 16-bit colors, 800 x 600?
    Right click on any empty part of desktop, select Properties, go to Settings tab.

3. Shairel

Shairel Thread Starter

This issue is occuring in TEXT MODE setup before I even get to windows' partition management setup tool, as soon as I boot from the CD I do not get anything on the screen until It says 'to set up windows XP now press enter' and that is AFTER and removing my chances of either entering automated recovery mode, or specifying my scsi / raid controller

4. Shairel

Shairel Thread Starter

I was able to remedy the problem by disabling and enabling all of the motherboard's onboard controllers

5. cnm

cnm

great :) Glad you solved it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice