1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro clean install for single user

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Guyzer, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Is there a way to do a clean install of XP Pro without creating multi users such as Administrator and Guest, or in the alternative, delete both accounts. I am the only user of my PC and would like the boot-up process to skip all the log-on garbage and go straight to my desktop. I know I can disable the Guest account ( which I have done ) but that still forces me to do the password thing by choosing OK even though I didn't select a password when I did the install.

It seems to me that the 2 acct's were created after I did the install and I went to Microsoft's site to do the updates but without starting from scratch I'm not 100% sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ratchet

ratchet

Wimpy369,

Welcome to TSG.

You Can go to Control Panel/ User Accounts and remove unwanted accounts.

Then Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Settings/Minimum Password Length/Reduce it to 0.

Then Control Panel/User Account/Your Account/Remove Password

3. rude

rude

Go to Control Panel/ User Accounts , Under Pick a task,select Change the way users log on or off.Put a check in Use the Welcome screen,there you go...no more login prompt.

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Thanks for trying folks but nothing worked. Matter of fact it made it worse.
    You know it's just a little issue but it was driving me to distraction so I did another clean install and the issue was gone. Then I did the Windows Update thing and low and behold the multiple users were back with the guest disabled. When I rebooted my machine after all the updates were done it now does what I wanted. It boots straight to my desktop without going to any log on screen. The thing that confuses me is HOW cuz I never changed a thing !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/245979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice