XP PRO clock always wrong

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

the_gould

Hi i could do with some help.

I am running win xp pro with sp2 i have a little problem - My clock time and date is always wrong - i have set the time sync with windows server but everyday it seems to go wrong.

i know it is just a little thing but its annoying - please can someone help.

thanks
David Gould

the_gould

even though i have been running the pc without turning it off - ? i know the battery is the round one but what voltage is it - what do i ask for-

thanks

My brain is simmering in vegetable oil today a bit mate and I can't remeber at the moment, but just replace it with the one that's in now.
Iwill say something alongs the lines of CR 3220 3V
I just replaced a laptop battery recently and that had a CR 1220 3V.
Wolfey

the_gould

cool - cheers mate - i suppose i aint changed the battery since i installed the m-board . ill try that and let u know if it was that

cheers
d gould

Have you checked whether your Windows Time service Automatically starts up?
Start->Run->services.msc
Check its status, and if not started up:
Scroll down to Windows Time and right-click Properties
Modify the Startup type to Automatic
Click Apply
Ok

-- Tom

the_gould

yeah i just checked the service - it was enabled to auto update - i think i will try the batt first - that way i can rule it out if it dosent work-

David

Hi Lotus
Mine is auto configured but my battery needs replacing too, I just haven't got round to it.
Good info for the forum though.
(y)
Wolfey

Most are CR 2032 lithium 3v batteries, but if its changing in the manner you describe, I would suspect that your country is incorrectly set in the Time Zone and Windows Time is "correcting" it on that basis.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online