1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro crash

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by malibu04, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. malibu04

malibu04 Thread Starter

For some reason when using disk clean up, it decided to remove more files than I wanted to.(never had a problem before) Most of my programs are now gone. I can still reboot to the desktop, but the only icon I get is recycle bin. I also lost the start button on the taskbar!
    I put the XP pro disk in and hit R for repair. My question is when it asks what
    I want to repair. Im not sure what to put in here so I tried putting in the number one. It then asks for my administrative password which I put in, but it says not a valid password. Also I tried looking for system restore on the hard drive, but it seems to be gone. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Try safe mode or Last known good configuration at boot..

Care to explain this <t decided to remove more files than I wanted to>

3. malibu04

malibu04 Thread Starter

I wish I could. After it examined the disk, I got the window that told me how much space it would free up. I looked at the boxes and checked the ones I wanted to remove. Ive done this many times before with no problem. I also have tried safe mode and still have the same problem. Thanks

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice