XP Pro doesn't recognize Keyboard on first boot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robertk

I am using a home built computer with dual boot Windows 98 and XP Pro. With 98 the computer recognizes the keyboard on boot.
With XP the keyboard is not recognized on boot up. I go to system then hardware and uninstall the keyboard then tell the computer to search for new hardware. It finds the keyboard and it works. Microsoft PS/2 Intellitype Pro keyboard, I have tried two others with XP with the same result.
I have manually installed the software, gone to Microsoft for keyboard updates and XP updates. No success. I also noted a couple of other people with similar keyboard problems with XP but nothing suggested helps. Any other ideas?

I get a keyboard error on boot and was told it was cause it is a USB keyboard??? always worked though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online